Sportpesa is the most popular sports betting platform in Kenya and betting on Sportpesa is a favourite activity for Kenyans of all ages who want to earn an extra coin.. While part of its success lies in the fact that it was quick to adopt the SMS-based betting and MPESA integration, there are other factors that draw punters to the Sportpesa bookie. Here are quick Betting on Sportpesa advantages and disadvantages you should know about.
Betting on Sportpesa Advantages
- Simple online interface that’s very easy to navigate and use
- Instant and secure payments through MPESA
- Sportpesa is very stable and financially consolidated
- Provides quick answers and clarifications from Sportpesa Facebook page
- Provides access to many soccer markets, in addition to basketball, Tennis, and Rugby.
- Provides SMS notification for successful bets and, therefore, customers will easily know results of their bets without visiting the site.
- Has a weekly jackpot through which lucky players can win up to Kshs 30,000,000.
- Limits betting amount to Kshs 20,000 to promote responsible betting
- Odds are much fair compared to other bookies
Betting on Sportpesa Disadvantages
- All deposits and withdrawals are charged at Kshs 22 and 15, respectively
- There is high limit for betting on Sportpesa, minimum betting amount is Kshs 100 while all others start at Kshs 50, and some even at Kshs 20
- Does not support live betting
- Does not have a 24/7 live chat support system
- Does not have the Casino option
- Has limited Sports markets for punters
- Sportpesa website takes time to load and doesn’t load at all when the internet is very slow
- Withdrawal methods are limited. Only MPESA supported for now.
- Sportpesa does not have any bonus – welcome, betting, etc.
Besides the disadvantages, Sportpesa is the most known and used bookie in Kenya, and its name has been adopted to mean Sports betting. Sportpesa is also extensively involved in corporate activities to promote local football, including sponsoring the Kenyan Premier League, Gor Mahia FC, and AFC Leopards.